Adrian Green - TS#15

Today was the day of my 15th tutoring session. I thought I would try yet another listening exercise with my tutee by doing true false statements about a story. I chose the book "How the Grinch stole Christmas", an american picture book which has a notable amount of American Christmas traditions (at least in a modified form) depicted within it.

This reading material proved to be slightly more difficult for my tutee than the previous book had been. However when we slowed down and went over segments a 2nd time he seemed to pretty constantly be able to pick up the meaning. We also spent a good amount of time discussing the myths and traditions surrounding Christmas in the US.

Given this slow pace we did not make it the full length through the book but I thought it was a good session none the less.

Comments

Popular Posts