Adrian Green - TS#14

Yesterday marked the 14th tutoring session I held with my tutee. We spent much of the class discussing the meaning of parts of the story "Harold's Fairy Tale" which we began in our previous session.

I felt that I should change up the style of comprehension activity so decided to do dictation. I took several segments of the story and read them over myself to my student. I then had my tutee write them as accurately to the original as he could.

I think this class activity was perhaps slightly more engaging for my student but I feel as though he definitely gained a more detailed and clear understanding of the story than he otherwise may have. I have had trouble getting my tutee to speak beyond simple answers and communication and this seemed much more effective as he had to recount whole sentences to me.

Comments

Popular Posts